Monday, 10 November 2008

3 games and trip to Seoul

Today (the 10th) got off to another winning start against the Swiss representative, a 1d player. Solid win for me. Once again I was drawn against a 7dan in round 4, this time the Australian representative (also originally Chinese). I enjoyed the game but of course it was easy victory for the Australian. My fourth round match was a disappointment as I lost a close game to another 1dan, the Luxembourg rep.

Best part of the day was our trip to Insa-dong in Seoul. This are was recommended to me and I convinced a group of people to take a journey on the subway to Seoul...bit daunting but it worked out really well. Saw some really nice shops and had an incredible meal (please see pictures in title link). Was a great night...some nice people in the group. Also a good way to spend the Won I had exchanged.

3 more games tomorrow to decide the final standings and another banquet and closing ceremony...looking forward to it all. Will update you tomorrow hopefully.

Check this website btw (copy and paste to address bar): http://kbaduk.or.kr/kpmc/2008/eng/information/notice.asp?bid=KPMC_notice_news

2 comments:

Daily Blaa said...

Any chance you could write a piece for The Munster Express when you come back and recover from all the fun would make for an interesting story. Hard luck with that last game hope tomorrow goes good.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news... we are following your every move! Great win over the Colombian. The food sounds great too! We'll look at your photos now. Looking forward to seeing you on your way back, if you need anything, let us know. xxs'Oona, Maisie, Frank & Viv