Today brought an end to the tournament with the final 3 rounds. Chinese Taipei (12 year old boy) was victorious in what was a very tight competition. I faced 4dan opponents in rounds 6 and 7 (Serbia and Sweden respectively). The games were close and started well for me but I lost them both. My last game was against and equally ranked player (1dan Mongolia) and I won the game by a big margin so that was a good end to the competition. I'm very happy with how I played today and I'll make some sgf. files soon of most of my games (with a few pro comments). My final position was 47th place out of 68 competitors with 3 wins out of 8.
We had amazing food once again today. I had real sushi for the first time and it was brilliant....many many kinds of fish, colourful and beautifully arranged. The day ended with a banquet and closing ceremony, lots of speeches and clapping, pretty boring but another great meal. The food was definitely one of the best things about this trip.
Overall it was an amazing experience and the Koreans are to thank for that...they did everything they could to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.
Thats all from my Korea blog....thanks for support!
By the way click the title link for some more photo's
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Well done sounds like it was a blast. A pity about the close games but nice to finish on a high.
Hey Terence, well done. Sounds like you had an awesome time. I'm looking forward to the sgfs.
Post a Comment